Profile Contracts Manager
Do you have experience managing complex contracts, safeguarding a company's interests, and ensuring project compliance? Are you skilled in negotiation and legal matters?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a Contracts Manager. You will play a crucial role in connecting all the different teams involved in a project and ensuring that the company's contractual and commercial interests are protected. You will work closely with the Project manager and be responsible for fulfilling the contractual and operational obligations of the contracts assigned to you, both tactically and operationally.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Advise Project Manager/Project Director/Senior Management on contractual issues and strategy.
- Liaise with legal councils/external law firms if and as required.
- Lead the resolution of contractual financial disputes and (independently) negotiate claims variations and/or settlement agreements.
- Operate within standardised Contract policies, processes and systems and ensure compliance with these processes.
- Act as a key integral member of the Project Management Team and participate in commercial strategic discussions and decisions.
- Prepare claims, variation orders, and amendments, write letters in which strategic elements are included, prepare contractual analyses, etc.
- Supervise the administration of bank bonds, parent company guarantees and insurance certificates.
- Guides contract/commercial requirements to the wider project team.
- Keeps the wider project team aware of contractual obligations and objectives.
- Active participation in the tender to the project phase.
- Management and (supervision of) administration of main client contracts and key subcontracts.
- Prepare applicable flow-downs from main contract to subcontracts.
- Management of the change process; liaising with the project and operations to ensure that activities outside the contract scope are compensated.
- Management of claims and variation orders and consequential commercial impact.
- Accurate financial and progress reporting, closely working together with Cost Controllers and Planners.
- Providing regular and accurate summaries and reports on the status of contractual matters on the project; or any anticipated contractual challenges on the horizon.
- Participate in internal project meetings where required.
- Execution of contract close-out activities.
- Participate in lessons-learned sessions and supplier performance assessments.
- Other tasks as required to support the project within a contractual context.
Requirements Contracts Manager
- A relevant degree or equivalent is required, with a strong preference for previous experience in a similar role within large and complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to build and sustain solid professional connections with individuals at every level of the company.
- Commercially aware with excellent analytical skills and an ability to work with detail and accuracy.
- Strong planning and organising skills, able to identify and effectively prioritise workload and successfully meet multiple, often competing deadlines.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities within a high-risk and fast-paced 24/7 global business.
- Comfortable with Excel and other business applications.
- Committed to continuous improvement and identification of efficient work methods and processes.
- Willingness to learn and understand the technical aspects associated with the role.
- Contribute towards a positive and open culture.
- Outstanding organisational abilities and can maintain clarity in complex situations.
- Proactive with a solutions-oriented approach, willing to challenge the status quo.
- Able to construct a compelling claim using contract language, supported by facts, arguments, and rationale that align with both the contract and its intentions.
- A collaborative worker, who demonstrates initiative and ownership of deliverables.
- Hands-on practical approach and willingness to support team activities.