Furnace Steel Designer
Profile Furnace Steel Designer
We currently seek a Furnace Steel Designer for one of our clients. The Furnace Steel Designer is responsible for all furnace Steel design activities related to 3D modelling and preparing 2D drawings. The Furnace Steel Designer also assists other designers with the performance of their assignments and the Furnace Steel Engineer as per request.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Propagate Health, Safety & Environmental aspects during daily actions and drive HSE performance throughout projects.
- Contribute to the incorporation of technical requirements in project related furnace Steel standards and drawings.
- Perform 3D modelling and prepare 2D drawings of furnace Steel piping systems and associated items, such as radiant coils, convection coils and tube sheets, X-over piping systems, refractory lined header and spring supports.
- Ensure 3D modelling is executed and properly without complications.
- Coordinate furnace Steel related design issues in close cooperation with other engineering departments.
- Assist the Senior Furnace Steel Engineer in preparing furnace Steel related MTO’s and Vendor document reviews to check suitability of the detailed design.
- Assist during the review of detailed design drawings prepared by third parties using the available design review checklists.
- Incorporate lessons learned in to the design activities.
Requirements Furnace Steel Designer
- Technical college degree and/or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Experience with TECLA is compulsary.
- Knowledge of the application of 3D modelling software, such as PDS Frameworks and 2D drafting software, such as Autocad or Microstation.
- Understanding and knowledge of the constraints of designing (high alloy) piping systems exposed to high temperatures and operating in the creep zone.
- Good command of the English language, written and spoken. Dutch and German is an advantage.
- Competences: fast learner and processing of information, accurate, flexible, excellent listener, team player, analytical, detail, quality and result oriented, good written and spoken communication skills.