Heavy Lift Engineer - Offshore Wind
Profile Heavy Lift Engineer - Offshore Wind
Do you have a strong engineering background and a knack for designing and executing complex heavy-lift operations for offshore projects?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a Heavy-Lift Engineer to assist in the successful transportation and installation of large structures, with a particular focus on offshore wind projects.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary agile team, collaborating with Structural Engineers, Naval Architects, and Draftsmen/women.
- Drive concept development and participate in basic and detailed engineering phases for the installation of topsides and jacket structures up to 60,000 tonnes.
- Analyse and prepare project specifications for offshore transportation and installation operations.
- Prepare design calculations and design reports for all (structural) heavy lift design work within scope, budget, and schedule.
- Develop procedures and prepare manuals for load-out, transfer, mooring, tow, installation, and transportation operations.
- Interface with various disciplines, including the project team, vessel crew, clients, subcontractors, certification authorities, and marine warranty surveyors, to define efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Propose and implement new solutions for how the Company can contribute to the energy transition in offshore wind.
- Stay up to date with the development of specialised equipment for installation operations.
- Perform FEED and feasibility studies to identify the best solutions for single-lift installation or removal of large (>500 tonnes) topsides and jackets.
- Prepare method and execution statements for commercial bids for new projects.
- Design lifting gear, such as spreader bars, rigging, and pad eyes, internal/external lifting tools.
- Perform platform inspections at fabrication yards to confirm platform condition and feasibility of proposed installation methodology.
- Prepare factory acceptance and commissioning tests for project equipment.
Requirements Heavy Lift Engineer - Offshore Wind
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace, or Maritime Engineering (or equivalent).
- At least 1 year of relevant experience is preferred but not a prerequisite.
- We encourage and welcome fresh graduates!
- Affinity with the offshore renewables and/or marine environment is preferable.
- Willingness to travel and work offshore.
- Fluent in English.
- Interest in developments in the renewable industry and energy transition.
- Strong team player who is motivated to take on a technical challenge.
- Self-starter with creative and analytical skills.