Profile Instrumentation Engineer
Are you a technical expert who is proficient in designing, building, testing, and repairing electronic and mechanical components?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a Senior Instrumentation Engineer who can be responsible for the design of process control and instrumentation systems, integrated control & safety systems, fire & gas systems, and communication systems. This includes all associated field services, such as instruments and valves, and bulk materials, such as cables and tubing.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability, and maintainability.
- Assist in developing a project-specific system design with all associated documentation (philosophies, layouts, specifications, datasheets, block diagrams, cause & effect diagrams, etc.).
- Function as Package Engineer for instrument packages and work in close cooperation with Supply Chain to perform technical bid evaluations.
- Together with the Lead Designer, manage the flow of information to remote teams to enable them to prepare specifications, bid reviews, layouts, cable block diagrams, termination diagrams, loop diagrams, hook-up diagrams, mounting details, cable lists, junction box list, bulk MTOs for cables, cable glands, and hook-up materials.
- Review vendor data and ensure package units are properly integrated and/or interfaced.
- Ensure that interfaces with other disciplines (electrical, piping, and process) are consistent and aligned.
- Review documents prepared by subcontractors to ensure quality and consistency.
- Ensure that the system is fully in line with the regulatory regime, classification requirements, the company's standards, and client requirements.
Requirements Instrumentation Engineer
- University or Technical College (Bachelor's degree).
- Several years of experience in Instrumentation design in the (Offshore) Oil & Gas industry.
- Fully competent in the engineering use of SmartPlant Instrumentation.
- Experience with package interfaces.
- Experience with managing remote teams.
- Experience with Instrumentation for LNG applications and Marine applications is an advantage!
- Proven competence with instrumentation design in hazardous areas (e.g., IECEx001) is preferable.
- Professional communication in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Conversant with MS Office applications.
- Must be willing to travel to the project(s) site.
- You can look beyond disciplinary boundaries and are safety conscious.
- A proactive approach.
- Taking initiative.
- Problem-solving and creative thinking.
- Team player.