Home > > Vacancy Lead Piping Engineer
Lead Piping Engineer
Profile Lead Piping Engineer
We are looking for several Piping Lead Engineers for our client, that operates worldwide, for the engineering of new build refineries.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Analyze technical documentation in regard to specifications, calculations, drawings, soil reports, basis of design.
- Ensure consistency between the budget and allocated resources for timely completion of the work as per set targets.
- Determine the additional studies required, based on the assessment of potential risks and advantages.
- Analyze the client requirements in order to issue the necessary clarification requests during the proposal phase as well as the qualifications included in the bid.
- Seek and suggest project solutions that bring valuable improvements and developments to the project.
- Conduct and validate estimates on quantities and budget in close collaboration with the team.
- Planning and follow up of the execution studies, resources mobilization and manhours based on the estimates.
- Review and ensure compliance with performance guarantees and liabilities as defined in the contract, in close collaboration with the client and project team.
- Identify criticalities, priorities and modifications to be made and communicate any foreseen technical or financial or delay risk resulting of this to the project engineering manager and/or project manager.
- Establish procedures for process and technology in order to organize the work of the project team for the Piping discipline.
- Manage interfaces between stakeholders by coordinating the engineering activities of the project team taking in regard the adherence to quality, cost, safety, reliability and scheduling criteria.
- Guide and train junior engineers of the project team.
- Control input data for the team activities and check and review all the documents issued.
- Supervise the development and establishment of specifications and requisitions as well as technical bid evaluations.
- Revert lessons learned and project closeout reports.
- Participate in 3D model review meetings.
Requirements Lead Piping Engineer
- Bachelor and/or Master of Science degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience in the oil & gas industry, preferably in design and engineering on large refinery plants.
- Elaborate experience with and knowledge of downstream and petrochemical technologies and pipework, underground systems, pipe class and piping materials, equipment plot plan and 3d model.
- Proven experience and proficiency in supervising, mentoring and guiding a team of piping engineers.
- Knowledge of relevant engineering codes and standards, including Russian norms.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge and understanding of piping, equipment plot plan, stress analysis, 3d modelling, as well as of the coordination required with all internal and external parties involved.
- Good command of the English language, written and spoken.
- Competences: planning and organizing skills, technical knowledge and ability to optimize, interpersonal skills in coordinating with other disciplines, clients and suppliers.