Material & Corrosion Engineer
Profile Material & Corrosion Engineer
We currently seek a Material & Corrosion Engineer for one of our clients.
The Materials & Corrosion Engineer within this company is responsible for calculating corrosion rates for the process and marine pipework and equipment for new build and conversion FPSO’s. While doing this, you will take into account any corrosion risks during the life time of the installation. You will perform root cause analysis for corrosion issues found in the fleet and you will work proactively in a team to find a corrosion mitigation or material replacement solution (while taking into account the operational performance).
Furthermore you will:
- Perform material selection and prepare relevant documentation for the process and marine pipework and equipment and you will do this based on corrosion calculations, technical documents from (potential) clients, company and international material selection standards;
- Provide interdepartmental support on piping, equipment and structural material selection, material production and material substitution;
- Provide interdepartmental support on corrosion prevention and mitigation related issues;
- Review material certificates;
- Advise the project team members and engineers on all matters associated with materials and corrosion.
Requirements Material & Corrosion Engineer
- MSc or BSc degree in Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, Metallurgy, Chemistry, Process Technology or equivalent;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar position;
- Extensive knowledge of material selection standards (for example ISO 21457 and NORSOK M-001).
- Knowledge of corrosion mechanisms in the Oil & Gas industry;
- Knowledge of NACE MR0175/ ISO 15156;
- General knowledge on material standards (f.e. ASTM, API, AISI and ISO)
- Experience with working in the Oil & Gas industry is a must;
- Excellent communications skills and fluent in English, both written and verbally;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- A willingness and drive to continue to learn and to improve yourself.