Profile Mechanical Engineer
We currently seek a Mechanical Engineer for one of our clients. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the engineering of all mechanical equipment on offshore floating production storage and offloading installations. This includes a variety of equipment, such as process, marine, utility, rotating and pressure retaining equipment, but also packaged units and material handling and hoisting equipment.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Lead a project team of mechanical package engineers in executing all engineering work.
- Act as a package engineer by handling the major mechanical packages on a project.
- Select and optimize the most efficient and effective fitting of equipment for a specific application.
- Responsible for technical related matters after the procurement of equipment.
- Ensure accurate integration of all equipment in offshore installations.
- Ensure equipment is compliant with all technical, quality and safety requirements.
- Prepare specifications and perform technical evaluations
- Liaise with purchasing and other internal departments
- Collaborate with suppliers and other stakeholders through reviews of vendor drawings and calculations and inspections of equipment.
Requirements Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Approximately 10 years of work experience in design of mechanical offshore systems;
- Experience with specifications and package management;
- Conversant with MS Office applications;
- Excellent and professional command of the English language, written and spoken;
- Competences: proactive, taking initiative, problem solving and creative thinking, team player, leadership skills.