Profile Naval Architect
We currently seek a Naval Architect for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Naval Architect is to prepare technical specifications for construction, conversion and/or modification of vessels and barges, based on the analysis of single and multi-body motion behaviour and workability of vessels and barges and mooring and dynamic positioning for marine operations.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Calculate strength and stability of crane vessels and transportation barges.
- Perform load out, transportation and towage engineering.
- Prepare design documents and in-house analysis reports.
- Develop engineering tools, specifications, guidelines and procedures.
- Take part in internal meetings, client meetings, yard visits, mobilisations and offshore locations.
- Stay up to date about relevant technology developments.
- Quayside and vessel to vessel mooring.
- Project specific DP capability analysis.
- Project specific positioning of footprints.
- Stability of crane vessels, transportation barges, other vessels, submerged structures.
- Longitudinal strength calculations.
- Loadout engineering.
- Transportation analysis.
- Design input for grillage and sea fastening and sail ability limits.
- Towing engineering and tug selection.
- Mating impact analysis.
- Development In-house Programs.
- Prepare and approve class of loading manuals and onboard computer programs.
- Prepare parts of vessel’s operations manual.
- Specify, implement and validate purchased software.
- Supervise and check external engineering.
- Investigate modification proposals.
- Prepare operational upgrades.
- Engineering assistance for ship repair and dry-docking.
- Design, weight, loading and cost calculation for vessels and barges.
Requirements Naval Architect
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Naval Architecture, Marine or Offshore Technology.
- Experience in offshore or shipbuilding.
- Experience in a similar role as described.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of relevant software, such as AQWA, Shipshape, Matlab, GMoor, DPCap, MS Office.
- Good command of the English language, written and spoken.