Plant Lay Out Engineer
Profile Plant Lay Out Engineer
We currently seek a Plant Lay Out Engineer for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Plant Lay Out Engineer is the overall plant lay out for ISBL and OSBL facilities and gasification basic engineering lay out designs in 2D and 3D AutoCAD. In doing so, the Plant Lay Out Engineer makes a transition from system concept to the final lay out, in close collaboration with the Engineering Manager, who is responsible for the entire complex.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Prepare piping and layout design methodologies based on all relevant data and general and specific design guidelines;
- Develop the plant lay out according to rules, regulations and authority requirements;
- Apply 2D and 3D Autocad in the preparation of plot plans and arrangement drawings;
- Support the project in regard to all aspects of layout design;
- Collaborate with and review the work of the EPC Contractor during the detail design phase to determine the level of constructability;
- Attend multidiscipline 2D and 3D model reviews;
- Manage the study work from concept to basic engineering;
- Develop material handling solutions;
- Work in multiple parallel projects.
Requirements Plant Lay Out Engineer
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a technical related field;
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience in the development of layouts starting from concept;
- In-depth experience with AutoCAD;
- Good command of the English language, written and spoken. German and Dutch is an advantage.
- Competences: pro-active, team player, excellent communication skills, ethical, flexible and multitasking skills.