Project Controls Engineer
Profile Project Controls Engineer
The project controls engineer works in close cooperation with the project manager within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects during all engineering phases, from conceptual phase to commissioning. The project controls engineer is responsible for the monitoring of the progress of the project related to schedule and cost.
The Project Controls & Estimating Department is responsible for controlling and monitoring projects in terms of time and costs, predominantly O&M projects in the Oil & Gas and chemical industry, with project values generally ranging from EUR 0.1 million up to approximately EUR 30 million. Contract types may vary from EPC contracts to vast Program Management contracts.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for the progress and cost monitoring;
- Develop and maintain the schedules;
- Timely informing project management of potential problems related to cost and schedule and making recommendations for the path forwards.
Requirements Project Controls Engineer
- A relevant technical BSc/MSc degree (e.g. Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Business Engineering);
- A minimum of 5-10 years project controls experience with an engineering contractor or engineering department of an oil, gas or chemical organisation, with an emphasis on scheduling;
- Knowledge and experience with spreadsheets and other relevant systems (Primavera/SAP);
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office applications (Excel/Word) and Lotus Notes;
- A strong commercial/controlling drive.