Project Cost Controller
Profile Project Cost Controller
Do you have experience in controlling a project's cost, including planning, developing, controlling, and forecasting a project's budget?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions to the renewable energy sector, we are looking for a Project Cost Controller who can ensure accurate, timely, and value-added analysis and reporting on single or multiple projects. As Cost Controller, you will ensure the provision of all cost control on the project including budget set up, updates and monitoring, change management, variation estimating, cost reporting, risk contingency, and management as well as all forecasting activities.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Ensure analysis and understanding of the project/tender contract and scope.
- Supervise the review and analysis of the as-sold budget and cash plan (in/out) and modify and/or detail this plan.
- Ensure full coherence and utilisation of cost control systems for budgeting purposes and report KPIs throughout the project.
- Establish and communicate processes and routines required for effective control and reporting during the project lifecycle to team members with consideration of financial and other compliance legislation.
- Interface with budget owners on a regular basis to review commitments and challenge their forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies, process, and procedures and strive for continual improvement and the application of best practice.
- You are responsible for the efficient, timely, accurate, and cost-effective management and delivery of the designated cost control activities (PMSR, actuals cost management, forecasting, cash flow) within assigned project(s) and/or tenders.
- Maintain constant awareness of progress of work by pro-actively collecting the necessary supporting material (planning and reports) and information from all reliable sources.
- Supervise the monitoring and reporting of project(s) both internally and to the customer.
- Use and contribute to the knowledge management tools available to assist the team to capitalise upon lessons learned and to perform in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently.
- Consult with other Finance teams as required.
Requirements Project Cost Controller
- A degree qualified ideally in Cost Management, Project Management, Finance or Engineering. Accredited to a relevant professional institution is desirable.
- Broad experience of delivering Cost Control of various project types and sizes.
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the subsea or offshore environment.
- Experience of establishing and leading Cost Control on projects.