Profile Project Engineer
We currently seek a Project Engineer for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Project Engineer is to ensure that the development, progress and implementation of facilities is carried out within budget and according planning, taking in regard HSE and scope requirements.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Facilitate in the development of the facility project strategy and manage the design in accordance to the overall project strategy;
- Facilitate in evaluation, negotiations and agreements for EPC packages;
- Work with a core team covering specific engineering disciplines for the development, execution and implementation;
- Liaise with potential EPC Contractors, process units and/or facilities in the production plant;
- Responsible for representing the company’s interests whilst translating technical topics into commercial aspects;
- Ensure that objectives are met during the multidisciplinary development of the project in close collaboration with other disciplines;
- Ensure the progress and completion of work by assigned vendors and contractors;
- Provide timely progress and process reports in order to ensure pro-active scope change management;
- Provide input in occurrence of risk, regulatory and legal compliance issues;
- Provide input to all contractual merits and ensure requirements are included;
- Carry out technical and/or commercial evaluations;
- Conduct regular review meetings addressing work problems and progress with contractors.
Requirements Project Engineer
- Bachelor degree in Engineering. Management qualifications e.g. MBA will be an advantage;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role;
- Experience of complex EPC projects and product handling;
- Excellent command of the English language, written and spoken. Dutch language is an advantage;
- Experience with data management and accounting systems;
- Willingness to travel;
- Competences: commercially driven with a strong technical background, team player, com-municative, committed, leadership and delegation skills, proactive, ethical, result driven.