Safety Loss Prevention Engineer
Profile Safety Loss Prevention Engineer
We currently seek a Safety & Loss Prevention Engineer for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Safety & Loss Prevention Engineer is the development and execution of HSE instructions based on strategic advice and feasibility studies.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Ensure technical due diligence and regulatory compliance.
- Assess the design and production aspects of Engineering assets using procedures.
- Carry out design and review of process safety documents developed during FEED or detail design phases.
- Identify critical safety elements and develop associated performance standards.
- Lead and follow up on projects in regard to technical safety matters.
Requirements Safety Loss Prevention Engineer
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Safety Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in the field of technical safety in the Oil & Gas industry.
- In-depth experience with and technical knowledge of conceptual, FEED and detailed design of Safety & Loss Prevention production units (FPSO) for the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience with fire protection design, passive fire protection, hazardous area classification and other loss prevention design.
- Knowledge of and demonstrable experience with related disciplines, such as process, piping, instrumentation, process controls & automation, marine and structural.
- Knowledge of international standards applicable to hydrocarbon processing industry, such as APl, lSO, lEC, NFPA.
- Familiar with the development of the hazard management plan and execution of safety and risk studies.
- Familiar with review methods such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA and more.
- Familiar with rules of classification societies, international organizations and proper implementation of health, safety, security and environmental policies.
- Excellent command of the English language, written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel.
- Competences: problem solving and “think out of the box” mentality, team player, but also capable and comfortable with working independently, good MS Office skills.