Home > > Vacancy Senior Civil & Plant Steel Designer
Senior Civil & Plant Steel Designer
Profile Senior Civil & Plant Steel Designer
Can you perform civil and plant steel design activities? Do you have experience working with 3D modelling and 2D drawings for foundations?
For one of our clients, a global firm executing complex engineering and construction projects, we are looking for a Senior Civil & Plant Steel Designer who can perform all civil and plant steel design activities related to 3D modelling and preparing 2D drawings for foundations.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- You are aware and care for Health, Safety, and Environmental aspects during daily actions, and drive HSE performance throughout project and or internal/external services activities.
- Responsible for all civil and plant steel design activities related to 3D modelling and preparing 2D drawings for foundations such as piping, steel structures, concrete structures, and buildings.
- Assist furnace steel section in 3D modelling and preparing 2D drawings of furnace steel structures.
- Advise and support other Civil & Plant Steel Designers with the performance of their assignments.
- Advise and support the (Sr.) Civil & Plant Steel Engineer in any activity at their request.
- Incorporate customer technical requirements in project related civil and structural steel standards and drawings.
- Ensure 3D modelling is executed properly and completed without clashes.
- Ensure the quality of the civil and plant steel design by performing regular model reviews.
- Assist the (Sr.) Civil & Plant Steel Engineer in coordinating civil and plant steel related design issues with other engineering disciplines.
- Assist the (Sr.) Civil & Plant Steel Engineer in preparing e.g., piping, civil, and structural steel MTO's.
- Assist the (Sr.) Civil & Plant Steel Engineer in reviewing detailed design drawings prepared by thirds parties.
- Use the available design review checklist.
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists and Quality Improvements Points).
Requirements Senior Civil & Plant Steel Designer
- Technical College or Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in a similar function.
- Knowledgeable in designing plant sewer systems.
- Understanding structural strength and stability issues.
- Knowledgeable in applying 3D modelling software, such as PDS Frameworks, and 2D drafting software, such as AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- Effective communication skills in English. Dutch and/or German is a plus!
- Keep frequently contact with various other engineering disciplines.
- Information processing: you can collect, absorb, put in order, and process information
- Accuracy: you can execute tasks with a high-level of accuracy.
- Precision: you process data and/or perform actions with a high-level of precision.
- Flexibility: you can change your own behaviour when chances or problems arise to reach a goal.
- Judgement: you can analyse data and ways to manage, seen in the light of relevant criteria, and make realistic judgments.
- Verbal Communication: you can express ideas and facts in a concise way using relevant tools.
- Delegate & Control: you can address an employee regarding their responsibility, or to corrections if necessary. Make agreements and manage these.
- General competences
- Teamwork: you can execute a task in a team, contribute to the group harmony, and maximise commitment of the members for the group goal, if needed, to the expense of their own short-term interests.
- Quality Awareness: you are aware that the delivered product must comply with defined demands, norms, and priorities and act upon these. You take responsibility for the realised level of quality, and you aim for continuous quality improvement.
- Result-oriented: you can work result- and goal-oriented where possible interesting sidesteps are used. You state the results clearly and the way by which they can be reached.