Senior Electrical Engineer - Cable Installation
Profile Senior Electrical Engineer - Cable Installation
Do you have experience in producing detailed engineering to deliver project work? Can you provide electrical expertise to a Project Team?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer who can specialise in Cable Installation and be a direct source of information and support to the Lead Engineer and/or PEM.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Provide specialist skills, integrity, and knowledge in project or discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements, and current good engineering practice.
- Understand clients' needs; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement.
- Under limited supervision, independently evaluate, organise, and prioritise.
- Take responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to the Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports, and various 3rd party submissions.
- You will collaborate closely with other internal stakeholders such as Project Managers, Tendering Managers, Engineering Discipline Managers, Engineering Department, Supply Chain Management, HSEQ Managers, and Offshore Manager(s) and Supervisors.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accept personal responsibility for its content.
- You may have to direct small engineering teams as package lead.
- You may have to agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports. Where necessary, provide day-to-day guidance.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are met.
- Represent the Company in meetings/correspondence with external stakeholders.
- Subcontractors and suppliers for engineering and procurement activity
- Clients for Technical Reviews, and input into tenders and studies
- Relevant professional bodies and institutions of learning
- You will train/mentor Junior Engineers.
More specific responsibilities may be added to the proper Engineering and Project/Discipline role:
- Support the Principal Engineer and Project Engineering Manager in performing and coordinating engineering for successful project delivery.
- Operate within standardised engineering policies, processes, and systems in the Business Management System (BMS).
- Ensure engineering in the discipline is quality driven.
- Ensure full traceability of the technical development of the assigned scope throughout the life of the project.
- Ensure that specifications and scopes of work within the assigned Project scope have been reviewed and agreed by the relevant centres of competence and that all quality issues are captured in the relevant Quality Control Plan.
- Provide technical support to local tendering teams.
- Agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports.
- Actively engage in knowledge sharing, capture of Lessons Learned and application of Engineering Standards.
- Understand Supply Chain Management (SCM) processes and key SCM commodity strategies.
- Actively engage in the project risk assessment and mitigation processes.
- Undertake, and check orders', analysis, design and engineering activities associated with works.
- Design and detailing following acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides, Client Specifications, and Scopes of Work.
- Consult with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project.
- Provide engineering aid during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site.
- Provide technical engineering support to other departments within the Engineering Group.
- Support the development of project-specific procedures for the implementation of work to be conducted by onshore & offshore personnel following the organisation's minimum standards. This may include some liaison directly with clients and subcontractors.
- Identify suitable equipment to perform operational tasks offshore, checking all aspects of the equipment to ensure it is operated safely and efficiently with suitable certification provided to meet statutory regulations.
- Also consult with vessel departments and 3rd-party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose and fully compatible with offshore.
- Promote personal CPD (Continuing Professional Development) through regular engagement with the professional engineering community.
Requirements Senior Electrical Engineer - Cable Installation
- Proven experience in 33kV and 66kV cables.
- Proven ability to work within time/budget constraints.
- You can lead and function team members across multiple project teams/disciplines.
- Effective communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- You can prioritise your own work and others' workload, manage time and change control accordingly and direct team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or planning.
- You can manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client, and supply chain management.
- Commitment to CPD
- You can guide and mentor graduates and junior engineers.
- You have a good network in the industry.