Senior Installation Engineer - Cable Installation
Profile Senior Installation Engineer - Cable Installation
Do you have experience producing detailed engineering to deliver project work and manage aspects of a team? Can you support studies and tenders as well as live projects?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a Senior Engineer who can provide engineering and technical expertise to the project team, supporting the PEM/LE, other Senior (discipline) Engineers and/or Project Managers. As Senior Engineer, you may work independently on a work scope or manage a small team of Project Engineers. Your work may be carried out onshore or offshore, depending on the particular discipline in question.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in project or discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practise.
- You understand clients' needs.
- You can identify and address design parameters and problems.
- You can develop and implement solutions.
- Work under limited supervision, independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work.
- Undertake responsibility for the production of deliverables which may include engineering support to the Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports, and various third-party submissions.
- If required, you may direct small teams.
- May be required to agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports. Where necessary, provide day-to-day guidance and coaching.
- You are aware of and respect the organisational project chart and communication matrix, and follow lines of communication.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- As an Engineer, you will represent the company in meetings/correspondences with Clients, Subcontractors, third parties, etc. in a technical capacity.
Requirements Senior Installation Engineer - Cable Installation
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Must have Offshore Medical and Survival certificates, these are essential to perform the job.
- You can lead and function team member(s) across multiple projects.
- Sound communication skills, oral, written, and electronic.
- You can prioritise your own and others' workload, manage time and change control accordingly and direct team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- You can manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Proven ability to work within time/budget constraints.
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
- You can guide and mentor Graduates and Junior Engineers.
- Proven experience in the offshore renewables industry.
- You have a good network in the offshore renewables industry.
- You know the strong points and weak points in performance and are willing to work on them.