Senior Naval Architect
Profile Senior Naval Architect
We currently seek a Senior Naval Architect for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Senior Naval Architect is to ensure that knowledge and expertise within the Naval Architectural department is continuously up to the mark in order to deliver high-quality and cost-effective designs of products.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of expertise and knowledge within the Naval Architectural discipline as well as during projects.
- Focus on FPSOs & floating LNG products.
- Take on responsibilities of the Discipline Lead Engineer (DLE) in leading a team of Naval Architects and designer/drafters.
Requirements Senior Naval Architect
- Bachelor and/or Master degree or equivalent in Naval Architecture.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- In-depth experience with and sound technical knowledge of Naval Architecture in both conceptual and detailed design.
- Experience in Engineering & Design and/or Operation of floating & production units (FSO's, FPSO's, Oil & Gas and Chemical tankers, Drilling Units, Semi's, TLP) for the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Experience in Engineering & Design and/or Operation of LNG carriers.
- Good interface knowledge with related disciplines i.e. Marine systems, E&I, Piping, HVAC, Process & Technical Safety.
- Familiar with rules of classification societies (i.e.: ABS, DNV GL, BV and Lloyds), international organizations and proper implementation of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) policies.