Senior Project Cost Controller
Profile Senior Project Cost Controller
Do you have experience in cost control and project management? Can you ensure accurate and timely cost reporting for a specific project, analyse and forecast project cost, and identify and manage project risks?
For one of our clients executing complex offshore projects, we are looking for a Senior Project Cost Controller to provide both planning/scheduling expertise and cost analysis reports detailing the company's (financial) performance on projects. You will join the Project Planning & Cost Control Department, which is an integral part of the Project Management division that supports projects undertaken by the company.
You will join a diverse team of 10 Cost Controllers spread across the Netherlands, Australia, and Malaysia. As a Cost Controller, you will take charge of 3-6 heavy lift or pipelay projects and act as the project team's financial advisor, overseeing financial activities such as budgeting, reporting, analysis, forecasting, and cost management.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- The company's focus on improving cost control practices includes standardising, simplifying, and automating financial reporting systems and processes, and as Senior Project Cost Controller, part of your responsibility will be dedicated to continuous improvement of these practices, along with supporting the company's digitalisation efforts through the smooth integration and optimisation of the new ERP system.
- You will report to the Unit Head of Project Cost Control. While working on specific projects, you will also report to the respective Project Manager.
- Provide daily finance and administrative support to your project teams.
- Prepare a monthly forecast of expected costs and revenues for the remaining part of the project.
- Analyse and explain the main deviations from the project budget every month.
- Supply the Treasurer with a monthly cash flow overview of costs and revenues (actual and forecast).
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of Variation Order Requests and Internal Budget Revisions.
- Control the timely and correct invoicing to clients and follow up on overdue receivables.
- Prepare the project financial reporting and close-out.
- Support and initiate continuous improvement of the company's processes and cost reports.
- Play an important role in the integration of companies new SAP ERP system.
Requirements Senior Project Cost Controller
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of project cost control experience, preferably in an offshore environment.
- Good knowledge of project cost control techniques.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- ERP software experience.
- SAP implementation experience is considered a big plus!