Home > > Vacancy Senior Project/Installation Engineer - Cables Installation
Senior Project/Installation Engineer - Cables Installation
Profile Senior Project/Installation Engineer - Cables Installation
Do you have experience in coordinating all functional and production design engineering activities for assigned project(s)? Can you provide technical direction for team members, monitor design status and staffing by design discipline, directing action, where needed, to meet the project plan?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a Senior Project/Installation Engineer - Cables Installation who can provide engineering and technical expertise to the project team and support Senior Project Engineers or Managers. You are a direct source of information and support to the Lead Engineer or PEM.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Provide specialist skills, integrity, and knowledge in project or discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements, and current good engineering practices.
- Understand clients' needs.
- Identify and address design parameters and problems.
- Develop and implement.
- Under limited supervision, independently evaluate, organise, and prioritise.
- Responsible for production deliverables, which may include engineering support to the Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports, and various third-party submissions.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker and accept personal responsibility for its content.
- You may be asked to direct small engineering teams as package lead.
- Agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports. Where necessary provide day-to-day guidance.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are met.
- Represent the company in meetings/correspondences with clients, subcontractors, third parties, etc.
- Train/mentor Junior Engineers.
- Additional responsibilities/activities specific to the appropriate Engineering Centre and Project/Discipline role may be added as applicable.
Requirements Senior Project/Installation Engineer - Cables Installation
- You can lead and work well in teams.
- Sound communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- You can prioritise your own work and other's workload, excellent time management, control accordingly, and direct team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or delivery.
- You can manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client, and other stakeholders.
- Proven experience working within time/budget constraints.
- You can guide/mentor graduates and Junior Engineers.