Profile Strategic Buyer
We currently seek a Strategic Buyer for one of our clients. Procurement strategies that have been determined for various main components must be optimally and strategically aligned. To realize this connection, tenders must be prepared and executed. The key responsibility of the Strategic Buyer is the procurement and support hereof in multidisciplinary infrastructure projects.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the supplier selection & awarding process;
- Specify the purchasing requirements within a project;
- Prepare purchase plans for separate purchasing processes in close collaboration with the procurement team manager, the project team and category management;
- Build up the tenders in the available tender tool and execute it within the company policy frameworks;
- Ensure the optimal application of lessons learned from previous projects during the preparation of tenders;
- Active stakeholder management;
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers so that their wishes, motives and intentions are aligned with the purchasing interests of the company in the best possible way;
- Involved in contract management;
- Conduct consultations and coordinate with other buyers as well as the category buyers of the categories in which you are active.
Requirements Strategic Buyer
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in a relevant field;
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, complemented with relevant purchasing training;
- Knowledge of and over 5 years of experience in implementing complex EU tenders;
- Knowledge of and experience with UAV-gc contracts;
- Experience with purchasing for infrastructure projects;
- Experience being part of a senior management level decision-making structure within a complex organization;
- Excellent command of the English and Dutch language, written and spoken. Knowledge of the German language is an advantage.
- Competences: accurate, analytical, persuasive, ability to make an informed personal judgment of a particular situation, proactive and innovative.