Profile Structural Designer
Are you a Structural Designer with experience managing furnace and steel structural design activities?
For one of our clients executing complex engineering projects, we are looking for a Structural Designer who can be responsible for furnace and steel structural design activities related to 3D modelling and for preparing 2D drawings.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Advise the Project Manager in maintaining (furnace) steel and structural lining-related work instructions and standards drawings.
- Perform structural design calculations to support the design of structural steel structures.
- Responsible for incorporating customer technical requirements in project-related structural steel standards and drawings.
- Perform structural calculations of the main structural components for 3D modelling purposes.
- Perform basic calculations to determine foundation loadings and foundation designs to support MTOs.
- Prepare 3D modelling and 2D drawings of (furnace) steel structures and associated items.
- Assist civil and plant steel sections in 3D modelling and preparing 2D drawings of civil and plant steel structures as required.
- Ensure that 3D modelling is executed properly and completed without clashes
- Ensure the quality of the civil and plant steel design by performing regular mode reviews.
- Assist the Structural Engineer in coordinating structure-related design issues with other engineering disciplines, and assist the Lead Engineer in preparing MTOs.
- Assist the Lead Engineer in vendor document review to check the suitability of the detailed design and review detailed design drawings prepared by third parties.
Requirements Structural Designer
- Technical College or Bachelor's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, preferably specialising in Structural Steel Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a similar function.
- Possessing an understanding of structural strength and stability issues, and civil design of concrete structures concerning strength, stability, and choice of materials.
- Knowledge of international standards related to structural steel and stack design.
- Experience working with 3D modelling software such as Tekla Structures or Smartplant 3D and 2D drafting software such as AutoCAD or Microstation.
- You can communicate in English at C1-level and preferably also in Dutch.