Home > > Vacancy Structural Engineer
Profile Structural Engineer
Are you a result-oriented and hands-on Structural Engineer who takes initiative and leads by example? Do you have experience in the design, analysis, working procedures, material take-off and offshore engineering support for the various phases of installation or removal of offshore structures?
For one of our clients executing complex offshore projects, we are looking for a Structural Engineer - Heavy Lift Engineering for all project preparatory works for single-lift platform installations and removals.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Define the structural scope of work, methodologies and progress.
- Perform design studies and prepare plans defining the structural elements of the project scope.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for all project structural design work.
- Carry out concepts, basic and detailed calculations and simulations.
- Develop procedures for using and testing the installation or removal aids and discuss outcomes with the project and offshore teams responsible for the execution.
- Raise material take-offs related to the above.
- Update Unit Head Heavy Lift Engineering (or delegate) on work progress.
- Provide ongoing support during the offshore phase.
- Coordinate fabrication work of project aids fabricated in-house or by a subcontractor as required.
- Review subcontractor equipment design and installation or removal methods.
- Prepare relevant input and feedback to improve departmental standards, working methods, and guidelines.
Requirements Structural Engineer
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience is preferred but not a prerequisite.
- We encourage fresh graduates to apply!
- Experience with structural engineering software (FEMAP, GeniE) is preferred but not a prerequisite.
- Highly organised with a hands-on, no-nonsense mentality and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Desire to develop your career and take on increasing responsibilities.
- Willingness to travel and work offshore.
- Affinity with the offshore and/or marine environment is preferred.