Profile Structural Engineers
We currently seek several Structural Engineers for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Structural Engineer is the production of deliverables, which includes the preparation and checking of design reports, engineering support to drawing office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third party submissions.
Tasks & requirements
- Provide specialist skills and knowledge in key areas of structural engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and good engineering practices.
- Provide structural stability and calculations for structures like Manifolds, PLETs, PLEMs, ILTs and PLRs as well as for installation of pipelines.
- Design and detail in accordance with acknowledged industry codes, standards and design guidelines, client specifications and scopes of work.
- Provide stress analysis for various structures, rigging/lifting equipment and sea fastening arrangements utilizing the correct software.
- Ensure all design inputs are aligned with calculations and structural specifications by assisting and following up with the design team during the development of 3D models.
- Produce specifications, data sheets and MTOs.
- Liaise with associated disciplines in order to have thorough understanding of the interfaces within a project.
- Provide specialist structural engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working.
- Participate actively in relevant training in order to continue professional development.
Requirements Structural Engineers
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Relevant engineering experience within the Oil & Gas industry, preferably in subsea structures design and analysis.
- Thorough understanding of relevant industry codes and standards.
- Experience with NSO/Isymost, STAAD Pro, FS2000. ANSYS, ABAQUS or similar software.
- Familiar with AutoCad/Inventor/Navisworks
- Experience in other non-technical software e.g. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent command of the English language, written and spoken.
- Competences: good analytical skills towards developing and driving technical solutions, effective technical report writing, communication skills, able to support management, able to prioritise and organize, professional.