Technical Engineer (Junior)
Profile Technical Engineer (Junior)
Do you have experience in performing moderately complex engineering analysis and design tasks?
For one of our clients supplying innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a Technical Engineer (Naval / Mechanical) who can support the Vessel Superintendents on issues requiring specialists knowledge.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Assist the Vessel Superintendents on issues specialist knowledge.
- Take part in defining and describing company operational standards.
- Take part in design, engineering, construction and commissioning of new components or equipment.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of applicable rules and standards.
- Advice on technical modifications to project and vessel crew.
- Manage technical modifications.
- Attend equipment tests at manufacturer premises.
- Stay cost-conscious.
- Assist Vessel Superintendents during maintenance & repair or dry dockings on site.
- You may be requested to travel and work outside of normal office hours.
- Interface with:
- Vessel Superintendents
- Department Engineers
- Project teams & vessel crews
Requirements Technical Engineer (Junior)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical subject. Preferably Naval Architecture / Offshore Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in English.
- 1-2 years of solid practical engineering experience.
- Must be willing to travel and work outside of normal office hours.