Can you define adequate procurement strategies and make suggestions for the improvement of business processes? Do you have experience in procuring materials, equipment and maintenance supplies necessary for an organisation's operation?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a Senior Buyer who can work on tenders, vessels and/or projects, as well as other Supply Chain Management (SCM) requirements that the company has. You will actively contribute to the development and implementation of long-term sourcing strategies as well as category management.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- You will proactively cooperate with all internal stakeholders to understand the needs of the company's business.
- Collect all relevant information required to efficiently and economically buy goods and services.
- You will receive quotes and must conduct commercial evaluations to identify the best economical solution relevant to the business needs. You will also provide recommendations for internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for purchasing identified goods and services. Ensure timely delivery, at the right location, conforms to quality and quantity specifications and within budget.
- Where applicable; check invoices, close orders, and settle final accounts.
- Support Supplier Evaluation Process.
- Responsible for supplier relationship management; occasionally organise meetings with regular suppliers to manage expectations and align business interests.
- You will work accordingly to the company's Management system and SCM tools.
- You will operate following the company's Business Code of Conduct.
- You will safeguard compliance with company policies, objectives, environmental impact, safety and customer requirements.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably) from a technical discipline and ideally complemented with a commercial education.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience within procurement.
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing is a must!
- Proficiency in another language is a strong plus! Such as German, Dutch or Mandarin.
- You are commercially savvy.
- You are accurate: you have a high degree of diligence during the day-to-day business.
- You are comfortable negotiating with stakeholders and an easy communicator.
- You have a great sense of integrity.
- You have an adequate level of stress tolerance.
- Knowledgeable of relevant rules and regulations for the offshore industry.
- Advanced Microsoft Office user with emphasis on Excel and SAP ECC MM module and Ariba (vendor lifecycle and sourcing).
- Competences: pro-active, resourceful, problem-solving abilities, hands-on attitude.