Do you have experience in the selection, management, and monitoring of vendors? Would you like to manage the procurement of goods and services for offshore projects?
We are looking for a Buyer to manage various aspects of the procurement process.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and execute the procurement of goods and services for a designated vessel, asset, or operational base/workshop.
- Plan and implement Forwarding & Expediting strategies to ensure the timely arrival of goods and services without undue delay or penalty, including customs clearance.
- Operate within standardised SCM policies, processes, and systems, leveraging these systems to provide relevant and quality metrics.
- Manage defined elements of the supply chain process, working within cross-functional teams to collaborate with vendors on cost improvement and value delivery.
- Capitalise on lessons learned and ensure that procurement activities are performed following best practices, striving to mitigate risks while consistently promoting safety and integrity.
- Contribute to the selection, management, and monitoring of vendors.
- Participate in the evaluation of vendors.
- Proactively support internal clients such as Vessel Teams, ROV, and project teams by performing assigned SCM activities.
- Maintain contact with vendors, including appropriate site visits, throughout the entire procurement process to ensure adherence to quality and deadlines.
- Maintain and produce appropriate reports and logs for all relevant internal parties, proactively highlighting issues to ensure early identification and resolution.
- Proven experience in procurement and associated commercial activities within the Energy industry.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products; experience with SAP & SAP Ariba is desirable.
- Background in Marine/Vessel Supply Chain Management with exposure to procurement processes and familiarity with RFQ/tendering.
- Knowledge of market and industry suppliers and service providers.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, consistently acting with professionalism and integrity.
- Analytical skills with the ability to work with detail and accuracy.
- Proactive planning and organising skills, capable of identifying and prioritising work effectively to meet multiple, often competing deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership, capable of working unsupervised and supporting wider team activities.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced 24/7 global business.
- Proactive with a solutions-based approach.
- Committed to continuous improvement, actively identifying and driving change opportunities.
Join a dynamic team shaping the future of offshore energy! With over three decades of offshore experience, this company has successfully completed over 30 projects, playing a crucial role in the energy transition and offshore fixed wind market. They have been a driving force in the offshore Renewable Energy industry, installing wind turbine generator foundations, substations, and inner array cables for key offshore wind developers across Europe, East Asia, and the US.
There's a commitment to health, safety, environment, and quality. They're dedicated to creating a safe workplace, delivering projects on time and within budget, and fostering sustainable value for their shareholders, partners, and communities.
As part of the team, you'll have the opportunity to lead the way in delivering offshore wind projects, contributing to an efficient and sustainable energy supply for the future. Their multicultural environment offers opportunities to work with international teams, particularly in East Asia, and shape the engineering department for long-term success.