Engineering Data Engineer (Aveva)
Profile Engineering Data Engineer (Aveva)
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity where your skills as a Data Engineer can contribute to the success of offshore engineering projects?
For one of our clients providing comprehensive solutions for offshore oil and gas production, we are looking for a Data Engineer (Aveva) to oversee the planning, execution, and completion of engineering data work for projects or proposals. You will ensure the quality, integrity, and consistency of engineering data across applications, collaborating with diverse engineering disciplines to achieve on-time, budget-compliant results while meeting high-quality standards and complying with safety and regulatory requirements. The focus is on aligning engineering data with project, client, and internal specifications, underscoring the crucial role of accurate data management in the company's engineering processes.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Develop the Project Engineering Data Management Plan, as per internal standard requirements, by understanding and evaluating the project requirements.
- Ensure the project team is fully aware of Client-, Project- and Internal requirements and the Project Engineering Data Management Plan.
- Communicate and promote the Project Engineering Data Management Plan scope, strategy and execution roadmap constraints and ways of working to the engineering team.
- Set team standards for data quality and deliver data that meets project needs, Client standards, internal standards, and industry regulations.
- Coordinate with Discipline Leads and Discipline Managers to forecast resource needs (staffing, tools, software, etc.) and completion dates for data.
- Partner with Discipline Managers to ensure an adequate number of qualified staff are assigned to the project to meet quality, budget, and schedule requirements per the project contract; ensure each team member understands their role and responsibilities for the Project Engineering Data Management Plan.
- Partner with the Project Information Manager to ensure full integration of engineering data into the overall project information.
- Work as a member of the Project Management Team to deliver an integrated engineering design in a safe manner and to the agreed budget, schedule, and quality.
- Manage the engineering data management scope, including staff and engineering subcontractors to ensure the work is completed as per the Project Data Management Plan.
- Manage and control the integrity of the engineering data structure in compliance with the internal standard data model.
- Manage and control the engineering data workflow and data exchange in compliance with the Company's Management System process, instruction, and guidelines.
- Coordinate with IT/EAS or hardware/software issue resolutions, and interface with tool suppliers to help resolve issues raised by the project team.
- Identify, define, and manage all risks relevant to engineering data management.
- Report progress and forecast for engineering data in line with project requirements and develop mitigation measures, in conjunction with management, to ensure delivery on quality, on budget, and schedule.
- Manage and monitor all data interfaces with the Client or other third parties to ensure requirements are addressed.
- Manage interface with data/information managers on other Project disciplines to ensure compatibility and consistency of data at an overall project level.
- Perform the Engineering Data close-out and ensure that input to the formal engineering close-out report is provided.
- Record baselines and changes in engineering data in following the MOC processes.
- Partner with the Change Manager to ensure MOC is followed in the performance of engineering data work and provide engineering data to all changes.
- Proactively seek inputs from all engineering Disciplines for MOC data input opportunity and validity.
- Develop engineering data quality objectives for the project with new or updates KPIs to reflect the project engineering data management status.
- Collect Lessons Learned throughout the execution of the Project Engineering Data Management Plan.
Requirements Engineering Data Engineer (Aveva)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant engineering discipline, including Mechanical or Electrical/Instrumentation.
- At least 10 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Upstream industry and EPC projects.
- Preferably, prior experience in FPSO & Offshore projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in utilising collaborative software tools for integrating 2D/3D drawings and P&ID packages.
- Proficiency in data management systems, particularly Aveva.
- Strong background in engineering data management and organisation.
- Ability to combine technical knowledge with practical application in data engineering for offshore projects.
- In-depth understanding of the Oil & Gas Upstream sector and the specific challenges associated with EPC projects.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proactive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to adept to the dynamic and fast-paced environment of offshore engineering.
- Extensive experience with Aveva software for data management purposes.