Principal Process Control Engineer
Profile Principal Process Control Engineer
Would you like to contribute to the design and control of oil & gas production facilities? Do you have hands-on experience in plant commissioning and startup, including tuning of controllers?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a Principal Process Control Engineer.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Work on process control and process safeguarding-related deliverables and activities for FPSO projects.
- Contribute to both Process and Instrumentation scope of work based on the phase of the project.
- Develop expertise in the field of process control and process safeguarding as applied to the company's FPSO projects.
- Be assigned to challenging FPSO projects, ensuring the effective functioning of production and utility systems.
- Collaborate within the company's Process discipline, fostering teamwork and knowledge sharing.
- Stay up to date on current and latest developments in process control and relevant industry engineering standards.
- Actively participate in the development and review of Process Control Philosophies, Hierarchical Shutdown Diagrams, Cause & Effect Diagrams, and Alarm & Trip Settings List.
- Write process control and process safeguarding narratives to ensure comprehensive documentation.
- Review control loops on PFDs and P&IDs.
- Participate in SIL Assessment Workshops and SIL Verification to enhance safety measures.
- Contribute to the review of vendor documents, including P&ID, process control narratives, and Cause & Effect Diagrams.
- Actively participate in ICSS FAT and commissioning processes.
- Engage in plant commissioning and startup activities, including the tuning of controllers with PID algorithms.
- Prepare estimates of process control scope for new proposals, contributing to the growth and development of future projects.
Requirements Principal Process Control Engineer
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years of engineering experience, with at least 10 years specifically in process control within the design of oil & gas production facilities and/or refinery units.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's Technical Standards, Group Engineering Standards, corporate processes, and work instructions while maintaining the quality of deliverables and achieving process discipline objectives.
- Review control loops on PFDs, P&IDs, and Process Safeguarding Flow Diagrams.
- Develop Process Control Philosophies, Hierarchical Shutdown Diagrams, Cause & Effect Diagrams, and Alarm & Trip Settings List.
- Write process control and process safeguarding narratives for comprehensive documentation.
- Review vendor documents, including P&ID, process control narratives, and Cause & Effect Diagrams.
- Participate in SIL Assessment Workshops and SIL Verification processes.
- Engage in ICSS FAT and commissioning activities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, including process dynamic simulation (HYSYS and/or UniSim) and Excel spreadsheets.
- Possess knowledge of basic process controls such as Level Control, Feed Forward Control, Boiler and Fired Heater Control, Distillation Control, Compressor Control, etc.
- Be familiar with design review methods, including HAZOP, SIL Assessment, and LOPA.
- Have expertise in Functional Safety and IEC61511, preferably as a Certified Functional Safety Engineer (TÜV Rheinland).
- Knowledge of Process Safeguarding systems and methods for Offshore Production Facilities as described in API-RP-14C is preferred.
- Experience with ICSS on FPSO projects is preferred.