Process Lead Engineer
Profile Process Lead Engineer
Are you a Process Lead Engineer looking to make your next career move in the offshore industry? Would you like to contribute to the development and enhancement of corporate process engineering calculation tools and guidelines?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for a skilled Process Lead Engineer to enhance and advance corporate process engineering tools and guidelines, and provide robust project support. You will collaborate with the Discipline Manager, Discipline Leads, and engineering management to continuously enhance the quality and efficiency of the work.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Take the lead role on proposals and prepare discipline hour estimates for EPC projects.
- Attend and lead design review meetings, as well as participate in HAZOP review meetings.
- Conduct quality audits for the process discipline to ensure compliance with the company's technical standards, corporate processes and work instructions.
- Evaluating and incorporating project lessons learned to improve process engineering guidelines and work instructions.
- Act as a consultant and mentor to less experienced engineers to ensure knowledge transfer, product memory, and application of best engineering practices.
Requirements Process Lead Engineer
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience, including conceptual design, FEED, and EPC projects in offshore Oil & Gas (preferably FPSO), with at least 4 years as a Lead Engineer.
- Strong knowledge of process engineering, process safety fundamentals, and the preparation of quality engineering documents.
- Collaborate with teams to propose and optimise methodologies for engineering activities, ensuring fast-track project execution.
- Perform activities in compliance with the company's technical standards, engineering standards, corporate processes, and work instructions.
Skills & Experience:
- Manage a large team of process engineers (typically 25-30 engineers).
- Coach and develop less experienced engineers, guiding experienced engineers through changes in methods and work processes.
- Develop PFD, P&ID, Equipment Datasheets, Instrument Datasheets, SAFE Charts, Cause & Effect Diagrams, and Process Safeguarding documentation.
- Knowledge and experience with intelligent P&IDs and Engineering Databases.
- Interface knowledge with related engineering disciplines (Piping, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Safety & Loss Prevention).
- Familiarity with international standards (API, ISO, ASME, IEC, etc.) in the hydrocarbon processing industry.
- Experience with design review methods such as HAZID, HAZOP, and SIL Assessment.
- Process Simulation experience using Hysys or UniSim software.
- Proactive approach, not afraid to take initiative.
- Excellent English language proficiency, both verbally and in writing.
- Collaborate closely with the Discipline Manager and assume the Discipline Manager's role when required (deputy role).